Sprint is doing whatever it takes to keep its customer’s trust and happiness. We mentioned to you a few days ago that Sprint provided some security updates to a handful of its devices, but were unsure if the updates included the removal of some dreaded spy software. We now have confirmation that the recent updates being pushed out to a HTC and Samsung devices completely removes Carrier IQ thanks to the gang at XDA. As previously highlighted, the recent updates include both the removal of Carrier IQ software and minor software enhancements. HTC devices will receive automatic notifications starting on January 24th (or you can manually check right now), while the Epic 4G’s update is being pushed out in phases until January 29th. While owners of the EVO Design 4G, EVO 4G and Epic 4G won’thave Ice Cream Sandwich, they will have a piece of mind at least knowing they won’t have tracking software of their devices anymore.
- Recent “Security Update” For HTC EVO 3D Removes Carrier IQ
- OTA updates hit the Samsung Epic 4G Touch and ZTE Fury
- Sprint EL29 Update For Samsung Epic Touch 4G Phone Rolling Out
- Leaked Document Highlights Sprint’s Epic 4G Touch Smartphone Due To Get ICS Starting This Week
- HTC Pledges To Remove Carrier IQ From All CDMA Handsets This Month
Tagsaction cameras android ASUS batman black edition broke cerberus children crm daffy Daffy Duck developer preview duck Eee Pad flying man gadgets google google android gopro gopro hero 3 gpu grinding the crack jeb corliss jump parachute Parachute Jump parenting petra davis ticketting Transformer Hardware Overview ui webgroupmedia windows 8 workflow